Tuesday 26 July 2011

"Just one click .....

...... leads to another, that leads to another, and another, and another ......"


Wise words spoken by my sister on the subjects of laptops and how time just disappears!!! You come on to look or check for something and an hour goes zooming past! How the heck does it happen? Well I have banned myself from Facebook and am now addicted to Twitter - I am hopeless but at least my week was cheered up when I realised that Philip Schofield himself was following me on it! OOOOH!! So I am allowing myself a little time each day to check up on my blogs etc and thats it and I am so much happier!

Murray has been away for two weeks today but we still have two and a half more to go! Its a bit less painful now as it was and I'm getting myself into a routine, the house is looking fab and I'm more organised than I was - the only problem I am having is that I cannot sleep! At all! It was almost 2am again last night, It's rubbish! I Miss him! The funny thing is that the first night he's back I'm in bed sound asleep dead early! It's like I feel safe and can relax again!

We've had a fantastic week so far! We went swimming with LeeAnn, Fraser and Kirsten yesterday morning - (Monday) the kids all love each other so much! The had so much fun! I just loved it, It's amazing getting to do stuff as a wee gang - it's great that they are all on holiday this week and we can spend time together! We had lunch in the swimming pool cafe and then Joseph and I went to pick up some strawberry tarts from Allanhill farm for tea, Joe had a wee snooze in the car coming down the road and I popped in to see Granny "hugs" in Kilrenny for a cuppa on our way back, we then had a mad dash round the coop, zoomed home and made Freuchie chicken for Granny Mary, Grandad Jimbo and Michael from London! It was a yummy fun afternoon and night!

And today (Tuesday) Joe has slept for Scotland!!!! He never woke up this morning until 8.40am, he went back down for his sleep at 11.10am and never woke up until 2.40pm!!! OMG - he slept for three and a half hours!!! Bloody hell!!!

We then had a fast lunch, ended up nipping round to see the gorgeous and not so wee Kirsten in her School Uniform (I cant actually face writing too much about this as she looked beautiful, so grown up, that it scared the living daylights out of me as I cannot believe she is about to start primary school!) I have no idea where the time as flown to - but I do know that I was not ready to see that today. Her proud wee face just glowing with excitement and readiness, confidence enthusiasm! I had a wee cry once she'd gone back home, it was a hard but happy day! I've honestly no idea how LeeAnn is coping! So I decided to pop along to the "nest" to see how things were and to see Kirsten bouncing around in her little checked summer dress, matching hairband and the most beautiful shoes! Mega mega Cuteness!

My poor sister looked stressed and like she was going to either pass out or throw up! (poor Annie!) So I very "cleverly" announced in the most indiscreet way possible (SORRY!) that I was heading down to the beach/pier/funfair/shows with Joseph! The kids went mental and were desperate to go, so after we all raided our purses it was decided that yes we had enough for a couple of shots on things each ..... So we ALL trooped into the cars and headed down there! (poor poor Annie!!) (SORRY SORRY!) Good God - If my unwell, sad hearted, deflated sorry state of a sister didn't look like she was fairing well with the events of the day so far, a 7 minute ride on the waltzers surely finished her off well and truly! (Poor poor poor Annie!!!) (SORRY SORRY SORRY!) Joseph went on the merry-go-round for his first ever ride! He sat on Donald Duck and just beamed and held on! He was so happy and excited and his wee face was a picture! It was priceless! My wee beautiful baby boy - out having a snatched half hour of fun with his big cousins that he adores! This is just what summer holidays are made for! :-)

Joseph and I then played out in the garden with the stones and also in his ball-pool and then Granny Hughes came along for tea! Yum - and she brought fresh outta the oven scrummy fairy cakes with her, they were fab! We all had our tea out on the decking with linen napkins, olives, wine and it was devine! We had a giggle and Granny got Joe wild! (both grannies can't seem to help them selves!! they are both crazy and he just loves them so much!) (he's going to miss them both something terrible when we move to Spain)

Granny then bathed, bedded and done the dishes - woop!! and I went over the road and waxed Evelyn. We then settled down in the summerhouse, cranked up the heater, played a game of scrabble and drank cosy tea and ate cake! What a fantastic day and night I've had, with my loveliest people!

I'm off early to bed now as we are going to Freuchie for visiting tomoro with Granny Mary and I cannot wait!

Big hugs dearies xxxx mwah xxxx

No comments: